Fan wheel solutions for railroad applications and cooling
When it comes to railroad applications, a fan impeller has to meet very high requirements. The objectives are a long service life, traceability of all production steps including test certificates of all materials used, and meeting the special strength requirements of this application. Therefore, we have initiated a separate rail process and a special RW wheel model. These wheel models are strictly separated from wheels for general ventilation applications.
Some technical characteristics of the punker rail process:
- Conformity to the technical specifications (TSP) of the end user
- Welding in accordance with DIN EN 15085-2 (certification stage CL2); all weld seams continually welded
- Coated carbon steel, coated according to corrosion class C4 acc. to DIN 12944 (RAL 9005)
- Batch traceability of the material with 3.1 report card
- Operating temperature range from -40°F – 180°F (-40°C to +80°C)
- Standard construction for 1,000,000 load changes (2-pole drive / 50Hz).
- Information about 60Hz-applications is available upon request.
- Performance curves measured with restriction, square box housing with wheel to box ratio of BD=1.5xD2 and BD=1.8xD2 (un-housed operating condition) in a rectangular shape around the impeller (see datasheet 2.8.000-2.01), measured at air density of 0.075 lbs/ft³
- Balance quality G6.3 per ISO 1940-1
Impeller recommendations for this industry:
- Cooling of transformers
- Cooling of any rail systems
- Cooling of drive motors
- Cooling of electrical cabinets
- Cooling of brake force transformers
- Use in above- and sub-floor HVAC-systems
Need additional support or can’t find the right impeller?
Just contact us. We are sure to have a solution for you in our expanded product offering and can assist you further!