Company History

2017

consolidated turnover: appr. 47 Mio. €

2016

Investments at headquarter Eckernfoerde: Additional laser welding technology, digitization of all logistics processes

consolidated turnover: appr. 45 Mio. €

2016

Cross Equity Partners AG takes over majority share of punker Group from Quadriga Capital Holding

Takeover of blower manufacturer Peerless Blowers (USA)

Employees: appr. 380 total

Consolidated turnover: approx. € 42 million

2014

punker celebrates 60-year company anniversary
Investements: extended automated welding
Opening of Sales Offices in Shanghai (China)
Consolidated turnover: approx. € 36 million

2013

Employees: approx. 300
Consolidated turnover: approx. € 34 million

2012

Opening of punker LLC in Hickory, North America
Introduction of the punker brand in North America

2011

Introduction of the punker Excellence Program (PEP) for process improvements

2008

Takeover of punker GmbH by Quadriga Capital Holding Gesellschaft.

2007

Expansion of the facility 2 (management + construction)

2006

Connecting building 4 (Facility 2 + facility 3) houses all centralized shipping and distribution ,

2004

punker celebrates 50-year company anniversary

2003

Facility 4 / building 2 expanded by 16,000 ft² (1,500 m²)

By 2003, punker GmbH has produced approx. 100 million fan wheels

2002

Certification of quality management system per DIN ISO 9001-2000

1998

Facility 4/ building 1 converted to the central warehouse.Employees approx. 260, turnover:approx. $27 million (DM 43 million)
Total investment for building conversion approx. $1.6 million (DM 2.6 million)

1997

Takeover of Airwheel in Great Britain leads to a significant expansion in the cross flow wheel program and increases punker’s reach to new markets

1995

Expansion of facility 2 by approx. 8,600 ft² (800 m²)

1976

Facility 3 / building 1 (acquisition of the Boysen company including company premises)

1971

New construction, building 2 added to facility 2

1967

New construction facility 2 / building 1

1963

Expansion of facility 1 by approx. 7,500 ft² (700 m²). Employees approx. 75-100, turnover:approx. $1.8 million (DM 2,8 million)

1960

New construction of facility 1 at the present site in Niewark in Eckernförde
Setup of lab for research and development

1956

Beginning of manufacture of fan wheels in punched construction, baffle plates, turbulators, ignition electrodes and complete nozzle holders or burner heads

1954

Founding of punker GmbH Apparatebau and Wärmetechnik in Eckernförde by Hans Flensfelt and Heinz Stadtlander as well as John Cleason and Hage Börrup-Jörgensen.
Import and distribution of oil burner enclosures and accessories